10 8月 招聘社工2021
Job title: Social Worker of the Chinese Aged Care Services.
Classification: Social and Community Services Award Level Three/Four.
Qualification: Degree in Social Work is desirable.
Responsible for Reporting to:
The Management Committee of The Overseas Chinese Association, Project Coordinators of the Chinese Aged Care Services.
Plan, develop, implement and manage the Aged Care Services. Ensuring that the range of services provided to elderly and disabled people in the Chinese Community meet appropriate cultural and service standard requirements.
Experience / Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in managing a program for aged / disabled persons in the Chinese community.
- Experience in planning and implementing activities for frail aged / disabled persons in the Chinese community.
- Ability to maintain sound and effective working relationships with other service providers, community members, workers and volunteers.
- An understanding of the issues affecting elderly / disabled people from Chinese background and a commitment to ensuring their access to quality services which appropriately address their cultural, spiritual and linguistic needs.
- A high level of written and oral communication and presentation skills, including oral skills in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
- An understanding of service standards for aged care, health regulations, occupational health and safety. Computer literacy – Microsoft Word and Excel (Chinese and English).
- Support the delivery of aged care services including provide services that restore, improve or maintain frail, older people’s health, wellbeing and independence.
- Develop and maintain a range of respite service options to meet the needs and preferences of individuals within the Chinese community.
- Recruit clients; assess their eligibility and individual needs.
- Recruit, coordinate and supervise volunteers and facilitate their training.
- Maintain appropriate financial and service records.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure that all Service Standards, Health Regulations and Occupational Health and Safety Requirements are met.
- Manage/support compliance/reporting work with funding providers. Other reasonable duties as required by the employer subject to mutual agreement.
- The range of care options available to the eligible target group.
- Client numbers will be maintained at a level to ensure viability of the service.
- Volunteer numbers will be maintained at a level to meet the needs of clients.
- Volunteers will be appropriately trained.
- Reports (including financial reports) will be prepared on a quarterly basis.
- The services are well known to other service providers and to elderly people and their families within the Chinese community.
- Clients should be satisfied with the quality of the services delivered.
- A driving license is essential and motor vehicle allowance is available for business use of own vehicle.
- Senior First Aid.
There are up to 2 roles available immediately as of 8 August 2021, on a part time or full-time basis, for more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
0424 888 668